Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Stuck in Dubai, 800 JK residents without essentials, money, demand evacuation | KNO

Aware of it, all stranded will be brought back, we are at it, says Advisor Baseer Khan

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, May 27 (KNO): At least 800 people from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir who are stranded in parts of Dubai have demanded an immediate evacuation stating that they have run out of money and resources. People mostly traders who are stranded in Dubai told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that all the resources available with them have exhausted and they are on verge of starvation due to the prolonged lock-down enforced in view of the Covid-19 pandemic and they have no money to travel back. They said that no work over the past weeks has compelled them to stay indoors and they are without essential commodities. They said that among the 800 stranded people over 80 per cent are employees and traders who haven’t earned a single penny during the lockdown and are indoors since then. “People employed here are without salary since the month of April due to no work as the lockdown was enforced across the whole country in view of the COVID pandemic and people are running out of essentials,” they said. At least 800 people have registered with Indian embassy but on May 22 only 150 people were evacuated by flight under Vandhe Bharat mission while at least 165 stranded people that day were made to leave back from the airport and were not allowed to board the flight, they said. Tahir Bhat, one of the stranded Kashmiri said that over the weeks only one flight has operated and evacuated 150 people but since then not a single flight has arrived to fly them back leaving them to suffer under immense challenging conditions. He said that no help from any quarter has reached them and they are undergoing really tough times and if the same situation continues for some more days they will die of starvation. They appealed the government of India and government of Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate their return home. Meanwhile advisor to Lt Governor, Baseer Ahmad Khan told KNO that they are working on it and process is underway. “All those stranded there will be brought back. It may take some time but everyone will be brought back, we are working on it,” he said—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES9 hours ago

Man chargesheeted for attempting to influence Crime Branch probe | KNO

TOP STORIES9 hours ago

Mother killed, son injured as scooty skids off road in Shopian | KNO

TOP STORIES9 hours ago

5 CRPF Personnel Injured in Qazigund Road Accident | KNO

TOP STORIES9 hours ago

5 CRPF Personnel Injured in Qazigund Road Accident | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

PM Modi led Govt destroyed ISI-backed terror group ahead of Independence Day: Amit Shah | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

India’s spirit of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, Kashmiriyat reflect confluence of cultures: LG Sinha | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Embrace your responsibility towards nature, all living beings: LG Sinha to youth | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Don't interfere in state matters: CM Omar Abdullah To Centre | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

‘J&K, Ladakh record negative power variation’ | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Generations unite at Naqshband Sahib as Kashmir observes ‘Khoja Digar’ | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

'23,000 govt vacancies fast-tracked this year in J&K' | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Fisheries Dept seizes 4,000 gill nets, 150 this year: Chief Project Officer | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

BJP hits streets in Jammu, targets NC govt over ‘failed’ promises | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Bear attacks keep Khonmoh on edge | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Journalists in Press Colony raise concern over stray dog menace | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Alleged derogatory remarks against religious leader | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

CRPF Asst Commandant, First Aider save class 12 student who fainted on highway | KNO

Copyright © 2021